Thursday, July 14, 2011

Inspiration | Home Decor

I know this is a fashion blog, but you wouldn't mind if I share some home decor pictures do you? Sometimes a girl needs a little variety. That would be me. If you think this is a bad idea - let me know. 


 I adore the furniture in this picture.

There's something about the softness against the brick wall. It just draws me in. 

 I've always loved this idea of painting designs on stairs. Ever since I saw an episode of Debbie Travis Facelift (this was one of my favorite shows on HGTV - I never missed an episode).

I normally don't like open shelves in kitchens for the dishes. But I adore this kitchen! Maybe it's the color scheme, the cabinets, or it has my favorite sink ever!  

Here's another bedroom I love! The headboard, bedding, and color scheme is simply perfect!

 I've loved the idea of using old doors for headboards since the second season (I think it was the second season. They were designing a room at the Grand Ole Opry.) on Design Star on HGTV. Can you tell I enjoy watching HGTV? ;)

I like the clean, vintage, yet shabby chic look of this dining room. 

Do you enjoy these looks? Or is this so not your style! =)

Let me know if you like me doing this. :) And I'll do it again - otherwise I'll stop.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I absolutely LOVED this post!!! Fashion is fun, but like you said, a little change is nice too! I absolutely love the furniture in that first photo as well. I really want to decorate my room like that someday... But we'll see if that happens. :) Thanks for sharing those and I will look forward to more posts like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love posts like this too! ;)These are all so me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you should CERTAINLY do more of these kind of posts!!! Espeacially vintage-y ones. I love those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked this post a lot. :) That is definitely my style for home decor. I especially love the stairs! those are gorgeous! I want to do that now....except my house has carpeted stairs.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this kind of variety. After all home decor is fashion, just displayed in a different manner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how pretty :) :) I LOVE that kitchen too, the color scheme and the simple beauty :) :) LOVE it...and I love tall ceilings, too. Oh, that last bedroom setting with the shabby chic decor. I like that too :) :) Have a great day :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ADORE the yellow stairs! Another option instead of painting it on, though, is to use fabric and spray on starch. I've heard of using that before for placing paper and fabric on walls.

    Someday I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here we go again.... I LOVE home decorating too!! My gracious, we have a lot of things in common. ::smile::

    I really like the painted stairs. It's a neat departure from just regular painting. And I love the cushioned/buttoned headboard! It reminds me of an awesome one that Lauren Bacall has in the movie "Dark Passage"... have you ever seen it?? As far as decorating style, I'd say mine is slightly brighter than the ones in the pictures, but I can really appreciate the bright white in them!
    Much love~
    Achaia

    ReplyDelete
  9. HGTV is awesome! I watched Debbie Travis when she was on PBS before she had a show on HGTV. The more I read your blog, the more I realize just how much we have in common! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post all those rooms are so pretty!

    ♥Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really great inspiration pictures! Keep doing it!

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurray! I'm so excited that you all loved this post. I'll definitely do more of these type of posts in the future.

    Achaia - No, I haven't seen Dark Passage yet. But I have it scheduled to tape on TCM in September now. :)

    Constitution Girl - Isn't always fun to find people who we are similar to in the blog world?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pictures are so neat!
    Great post:)
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Do leave a comment for we love to hear from our readers. We do read every comment, but sometimes we don't have time to reply right away to your question.

Please, no spam. And if you use the Anonymous setting please use your name, or internet nickname. Thank you!

Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it all. Just keep it to yourself. I don't want arguments to start, or have feelings hurt. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful.

In Christ,
~Ashley & Gabrielle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...