Sunday, February 28, 2010

Jean Skirt - Simplicity 7111 (1975)

I decided that I would do a pattern review of the jean skirt I wore in my last "What I'm Wearing" post. I didn't plan on making this jean skirt, it only came about as I had enough left over fabric from my jeans. With AmandaBeth's Maid Marian Wardrobe event coming up, I though I would copy one of Marian's skirts in the BBC TV show Robin Hood for the big event.

::The Inspiration::

 

::My skirt::


::The Pattern::



Pattern: Simplicity 7111 c. 1975
Pattern Description: Misses skirt .

Pattern Sizing: My pattern was a size 14. The pattern is suppose to rest on your waist, but as mine is a little too big mine rests on my hips. So you can go a little bigger on the pattern size.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. I had no problems what so ever.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love this pattern, super cute and stylish!

Fabric Used: A nice denim from Joann's. (It's the same as my Old Hollywood jeans.)

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: Nope.

Would you sew it again? Yes!

Would you recommend it to others? Sure would, though I would warn that the skirt flaps open as it is a wrap skirt. I solved this problem by using a safety pin, I would eventually like to replace this with clasps, just like Marian's. 


Where you can buy this pattern: I found size Size 10 and Size 8 online for sale for those interested in buying the pattern.


________________________________

As a side note, this is Bramblewood Fashion's 100th post! How exciting is that! And we've only been blogging for 6 months.


1 comment:

Hi! Do leave a comment for we love to hear from our readers. We do read every comment, but sometimes we don't have time to reply right away to your question.

Please, no spam. And if you use the Anonymous setting please use your name, or internet nickname. Thank you!

Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it all. Just keep it to yourself. I don't want arguments to start, or have feelings hurt. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful.

In Christ,
~Ashley & Gabrielle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...